Thursday, July 29, 2010

Things to do

I love lists.

Especially when life is getting a little hectic and crazy, like now. I find them very soothing and reassuring, but not particularly helpful, mostly due to my habit of writing them on whatever scraps of paper come to hand. This results in a series of half finished lists graffitied with little drawings of kittens and sailboats, with little crumbs on them from the stress-relieving chocolate. Not helpful.

However, I have discovered that they are useful for charting my mood and stress levels over time. For example, I found one list written a few days ago which suggests that I should perhaps have been seeking counselling rather than just writing lists.

  • Eat something. Not tea.
  • Breathe more.
  • Get haircut. No time. Cut own fringe.
  • Thursday. (Note: I still don't know what was happening on Thursday.)
  • MDIA305 Assignment.
  • MDIA306 Assignment.
  • MDIA310 Assignment.
  • WRIT202 Assignment.
  • Move house.
  • Or get on better with housemates.
  • Visit Careers office - find career.
  • Go for a run. (This appears on most 'to do' lists.)
  • Call Mum, avoid lecture about lifestyle.

The list itself wasn't entirely unusual. It was the fact that I found it in my fridge, with a sock, that suggested that maybe I should just calm the hell down.

So I made another 'to do' list.

  • Go back to bed.
  • Watch Glee for three hours in a row.
Best 'to do' list ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment