Sunday, June 20, 2010

Welcome back to the eighties!

Stop the press. I have some big news.

The eighties are back. Have you heard?

No, seriously. I joined a gym yesterday. Yes, really. But for some reason I didn't lose five pounds automatically like I thought I would, so I actually had to go to one of the group classes.

The only one at a reasonable time today was 'step', which sounded easy. I take like, ten thousand steps a day anyway, so how hard could it be?

Famous last words.

By the end I was sweaty, tired and confused. How did everyone else in the room know how to do these ridiculous, complicated routines? Why had I decided that this was a good idea? Exercise is hard! The only thing that saved it was the flashback experience.

The eighties style dance music was a good start, the shorty shorts helped but it was the overenergetic step routine that was vaguely reminiscent of a Madonna video which was the final wave goodbye to 2010.

I enjoyed it, to be honest. I'm a big fan of the eighties, and now I've found a way to revisit the best decade on a weekly basis.

But it was a LOT easier the first time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment