Tuesday, June 29, 2010

You know you're old when...

I suspect I might be getting old. There was no specific moment that told me the worst had happened; it's been a series of small but significant signs. Here is my personal 'you know you're old when...' list:
  1. You find yourself saying 'no, thanks, I have work in the morning.'
  2. You meet a friend for a drink and order a peppermint tea.
  3. You start thinking about going to bed at seven... pm.
  4. The sex you see on TV is on the discovery channel.
  5. The words 'mortgage', 'Avon' and 'inappropriate' enter your vocabulary.
  6. Getting a job is more about financial security than the 'sweet freebies' you can score.
  7. Your student loan stops being drinking money and starts being a debt.
  8. A bottle of wine a night starts seeming excessive, rather than normal.
I'm sure there's nothing wrong with getting old, it just seems to have happened without me really noticing it. I suppose at this point there's not really much I can do about it, is there?


Is there??

No comments:

Post a Comment