Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Housemate Is A Grinch

I love Christmas. Like, really love Christmas.

Unfortunately not everyone in my life feels this way about the best holiday of the year. My housemate, for example, is passively negative about Christmas and refuses to get excited about any of my preparations.

We don't have a lot of room in our house, so our Christmas tree is a huge green tablecloth cut into a tree shape, stuck to the wall, and decorated with paper baubles. Not only did it take him two days to notice the, frankly massive, tree, his comment was "I hope that sellotape isn't going to pull paint off."

I asked if he wanted to do a house Christmas dinner before I left to visit my parents. His response? "Depends. What are you cooking?"

I made Christmas pudding truffles too, and he just didn't understand.
"Did you just put an entire pudding into the blender?"
"Yep - I'm making truffles!"
"Why don't you just eat the pudding?"
"Because I'm going to add chocolate, then roll them into little balls and ice them so they look like little tiny Christmas puddings!!"
"What's the point?"
"They are going to be so cute and Christmassy and festive!" (note the eternal optimism)
"....." *housemate walks away*

Other comments made in the Christmas spirit include:
"Why is there tinsel in the kitchen?"
"Oh God, are you listening to Christmas songs?"
"Carols by Candlelight? You are joking, aren't you?"
And my favourite...
"When are you leaving?"

No comments:

Post a Comment